This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu under windows install.

Hello all. i ordered the latest free Kubuntu CD a couple weeks ago. and as to my surprise it came really fast. i was going to find a computer i could put it on. but like i said it came really fast... (last time i ordered a CD (7.04) it took 8 months). so yeah, i don't have a computer to put it on yet... and thats really besides the point lol... 8)

so here is my question...

i noticed that there is a new option to install Kubuntu under windows like a windows app.
    to my understanding it has slightly slower disk speed and hibernation is disabled.
    I'm very eager to use this option. but! i really do not want to mess up this computer. like at all. as its not mine.

so is this option safe? is there any chance it could destroy my system?

so please enlighten me!
    debate if you must...

edit: oh and partitioning my hard drive to do a full install is not an option for me. if it was i wouldn't be here... so please leave that idea out

Re: Kubuntu under windows install.

The Wubi installer - basically reserves a 8 - 15 GB file for Kubuntu to use and installs a boot manager - *very* safe, I've used it with quite a few different machines, no problems. Also the uninstall removes it completely leaving no sign of the boot manager.

The only issue I had (once) was a unrelated window xp crash that borked the kubuntu startup. However Windows XP was still fine I was still able to uninstall wubi with no issues.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu under windows install.

ok, thanks i supose i will try it out then. thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
      X