This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox + Flashgot + Axel: Silent work?

Hi. I'm using Firefox 3 beta 5 and Flashgot 0.9.9. I installed axel and set it as default download accelerator. When I download files using axel with flashgot's help, I can't see download's speed, how many percent downloaded,... and after a while, I have my downloaded files in my home folder. Can anyone help me to see their works? Sorry if my English is poor.

Re: Firefox + Flashgot + Axel: Silent work?

This is really annoying. Can someone tell me which download accelerator/manager is better, something like IDM, flashget, gigaget in windows?

Comment

Never used a download accelerator in Linux as they rarely if ever actually accelerate. As for download management, Kget is very hard to beat, though I don't know if it can be integrated with firefox. If its a big file I am downloading, such as an .iso I usually just copy the URL and past it into kget.

Comment

Well, Axel really can accelerate. Even when you use Downthemall (extension for Firefox) or Kget (flashgot also support it), you can't download as fast as Axel. When using Axel, I discovered something:
        - Axel create a st file with the same name,in the same directory of the downloading file. When download is done, Axel will delete it.
        - If download is incomplete (st file is still exist) but you want to turn off your computer, turn off your computer normally. When you want to resume your download, click on the link again and Axel will continue download your file.

However, this is still inconvenient. I'm thinking of Downloader 4 X but my friend told me that it's not as fast as Axel.

Comment

Working...
        X