This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning cd's in K3b.

I am trying to burn some ISO.files to CD, but I keep getting an error message, claiming that "cdcontrol does not have permission to open the device". This does not happen every time, I have been able to burn 2 entire cd's without any problems, (racking up 3 duds). Is this something I am doing wrong, or is K3b somewhat unruly, or am I simply suffering the penalty for buying cheap cd's?

Re: Burning cd's in K3b.

That you have had success using K3b, and your last statement of "cheap cd's", I'd tend to think the problem is the latter.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I would tend to agree. That has been my experience. K3b has actually been a great burning tool.

Comment

I had my first ever experience with bad CD media last weekend. It was Staples generic. I made an installation CD that seemed to work once on the notebook PC I was using, but then wouldn't work the second time, and after I wasted a lot of time suspecting other things, I proved it was the CD by trying it on two different computers, and it wouldn't work right there, either.

But K3b has never let me down.

Comment

Working...
        X