This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer Problems (FIXED)

Have HP 810c networked via a print server. Works OK on my Vista box. On my Hardy laptop I can print a test page from the Settings dialog but when I print from any application I get a line of random characters followed by a page feed. Result: many ruined pages.

Re: Printer Problems

Can you give some specifics??

What brand is the Print Server? HP directjet print server? Netgear? I've run into a similar problem where it printed fine using the HP print server but not the Netgear.

Also what driver are you using? The exact ppd file for the printer, generic postscript driver, or other?

Comment

I have a D-Link DI-524UP wireless router with print server. Can't be more specific about the rest. New to Linux. Set it up using wizard. Worked OK at first. This problem arose "out of the blue".

Comment

The driver chosen is important considering there may have been some updates recently released to that driver that may have caused this problem.

anyway....I found this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=369972
        it resolves a problem printing to a "router/usb print server" maybe it will be of some help.

Other suggestions:
        It never hurts to uninstall the printer and re-install it. (best thing I ever learned from windozes...when something breaks, re-install)

Could also be a router firmware problem...done any updates to the routers firmware lately?

If you can, try to locate the exact driver, may have to look on the manufactures website to find it. Inside the .zip or folder containing the file could be a .ppd file. If there is, using that file as the driver should help. That file, for linux, is no different than having the correct files for Vista.

Comment

Thanks LM. Found some config options I wasn't aware of. Don't ask me what they were!

All working fine now.

Comment

Working...
          X