X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail account setup

Help this newbie, please.

In Kmail, whIere can I find the location for setting up my email account, i.e., area touenter my pop/smtp, user/pw info?

Much appreciated,

Peterski

Re: KMail account setup

Go to Settings/configure kmail/accounts, There you will see areas for sending/receiving, just click on "add" at the right side of the dialog

Comment

Is there a way to import email account settings from Eudora (on a Windows drive) into Kmail?

Thanks!

Comment

You may be able to import your mail files, but I don't think you can import your settings. You can look at the settings in Eudora and reuse them in Kmail. In general, you want to know whether you are using imap or pop, You need to know the address of your ISP's mail server, somthing like "pop.myisp.com". You may need a port address, but the defaults almost always work. For sending mail, you need to know the address of your ISP's mail transfer agent, something like "smtp.myisp.com". You also need to know your login name and password (if required by the mail server). All of these should be visible in the Eudora settings.

Comment

there is a package called kmailcvt, which can import mailboxes from different programs/formats.
          http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/mail/kmailcvt, if Eudora doesn't use a format that kmailcvt sees, it can probably export to a format that the converter can use.

Once installed, kmailcvt is used by selecting from within Kmail (I think, as I am not at home) File - Import. Then a dialog will open and you can try from there.

Comment

Working...
          X