Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TabletPc Pen is not working, pointer is not moving!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TabletPc Pen is not working, pointer is not moving!

Hi, Im new on the forum and I did a little research but i cant manage to make my pen work in Kubuntu 8.04, it doesnt move! and with a tablet thats a problem.

I found something about a wacom tools but I dont know anything about installing drivers here, so any help with my issue will be really aprecciated. I have a Fujitsu Tablet PC 5020D, Kubuntu Hardy installed with the wubi app and again, the pointer is not moving.

Thanks!

Re: TabletPc Pen is not working, pointer is not moving!

No guarantee, but open Adept Manager (K Menu > System > Adept Manager) and see if the package wacom-tools is installed. If it is not, mark it and install.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the answer! Well i checked that and the only wacom tools option is installed but my pen isnt working. I read in a page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom) that i must edit a file:
      You'll need to uncomment (or put) some lines in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to get the tablet working properly:
      # Uncomment if you have a wacom tablet
      InputDevice "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
      InputDevice "cursor" "SendCoreEvents"
      InputDevice "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"
      But I dont know what to edit exactly, so I attached my file hoping someone could check it for me or give me another thing to do in order to make my pen work. Maybe reinstall again the Wacom Tools? And if that was the case, how to?

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

The problem (if it's contributing to the problem) is that the HH /etc/X11/xorg.conf file doesn't contain the stanza for the wacom device, so, there isn't anything in it 'to uncomment.'
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

As Snowhog says your /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't have an entry for the wacom stylus. Although I don't have a wacom I do have the entries in mine (kubuntu chucked them in there anyway, but with that commenting you mentioned) so if you chuck the following code in that will hopefully fix it.
          Firstly you need to add
          Code:
          Section "InputDevice"
          	Driver		"wacom"
          	Identifier	"stylus"
          	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/wacom"
          	Option		"Type"	"stylus"
          	Option		"ForceDevice"	"ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
          EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
          	Driver		"wacom"
          	Identifier	"eraser"
          	Option		"Type"	"eraser"
          EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
          	Driver		"wacom"
          	Identifier	"cursor"
          	Option		"Type"	"cursor"
          EndSection
          These go in the same location where you already have similar looking entries for Input Devices with the Identifiers "Generic Keyboard", "Configured Mouse" and "Synaptics Touchpad"

Then add the lines
          Code:
          InputDevice   "stylus"	"SendCoreEvents"
          	InputDevice   "cursor"	"SendCoreEvents"
          	InputDevice   "eraser"	"SendCoreEvents"
          (Note: in mine these lines are commented but I have already removed the comments for you here)
          These lines go near the bottom of the file in the same place where you already have the line
          Code:
          InputDevice	"Synaptics Touchpad"

Comment

I moved to Ubuntu Hardy, hoping that was the solution but it wasnt. So I did another research for a how-to and found a useful page (that I can remember now) with some of the steps for making that thing work. It was like marshallbanana said, those lines in the xorg file and the other step needed was to create /etc/serial.conf and put this line in it:

Code:
            /dev/ttyS0 port 0x338 irq 4 autoconfig
            And thats it! after a reboot my stylus was working, now i have an "erase" button and a right-click one instead of a right-click and a double-click but thats ok, I guess is just something in the xorg file.

Thanks for your answers, I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
            X