X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default apps [SOLVED]

Hello people

Need help in Hardy, I cant seem to get Kaffeine to become the default Media player. I have gone thru default apps menu but everything looks fine for Kaffeine and its the only player installed but when I go to view video clips ect, it always asks do i want to save to disk or play with and I have to browse to a app to use.

Can someone point to where Kaffiene resides so i can choose always do this when I open this file type.

Thanks for any help

Re: Default apps

Open Konqueror.

Click on Tools > Configure Konqueror > File Associations
    Click on the Embedding tab
    Under Known Types click on video
    Click on each video type (Known Types) and see what is listed under Services Preference Order
    If Kaffeine-Xine (xine_part) is listed for that video type, but not listed first, then click on Kaffeine-Xine (xine_part) and then click the Move Up button to put it at the top of the list. Repeat for any other video file type (that lists Kaffeine) you are interested in.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi there

Thanks for the help, the suggested method is the one used earlier and Kaffeine is listed under each media type. How ever it still asks upon every clip if I want to save to disk or open with ( media ) and I cant find Kaffeine to use via browsing folders. If I can just get to where Kaffeine and others alike reside then I could fix the issue.

Can someone point me to the path to Kaffeine?

Example : ect\blank\blank soforth

Thanks a bunch

Comment

/usr/bin/kaffeine

Comment

Sweet!!

Thank you kindly
          Worked perfect

Now how to change to solved ?

Comment

Return to your initial post, click the Modify button and add SOLVED to the subject line.

Welcome to the Kubuntu Forums!

Comment

Working...
            X