Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instaling Java Runtime FF plugin, Hardy Heron?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instaling Java Runtime FF plugin, Hardy Heron?

Firefox can't install the JRE plugin. Installing from Adept manager doesn't seem to work. Running sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin doesn't do it.

Any ideas?

Re: Instaling Java Runtime FF plugin, Hardy Heron?

There's been some recent posts on this.

One thing, at CLI,
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin
    => watch for the pause -- that's when you must agree to the license agreement (EULA); the screen will seem to freeze with no clear message what to do.
    Use the TAB key once to see if that takes you to an OK box; or use TAB again as needed; get OK highlighted and press Enter; then it breaks free and runs to completion. It's quite a process, so just hang on after TAB-ing to OK the EULA.

EDIT
    or,
    replace every occurence of the word "OK" by "I agree" or similar...
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: Instaling Java Runtime FF plugin, Hardy Heron?

You might also have a look at:
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...seen#msg130944

I might have to look at it also. I thought that
      sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
      (with the -jre) also got the plug-in and hooked it up for you (it did in, I believe, 6.10).. Seems not to do so. Thus, also with yours with -bin, you may have hook up the plugin yourself (using a link to the FX plug-in directory). This one is definitely not for Aunt Minnie.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X