This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung se184m drivers

Bought a 250gig hd installed 8.04 on it with my secondary machine with the plans to configure heron just so then swap the drive over to my main machine. Well stuff happened and decided not to wait, besides this machine has a really nice ati graphics card which is working nicely with compiz. The issue I have at the moment is that my external dvd/cd/multi-writer, a samsung se184m won't open the tray. It was fine on xp two hours ago but now is kinda shy? Ubuntu knows it is there, the machine just does not co-operate. I am assuming that it is a driver issue and the samsung website is not helpful. This has been an excellent machine in the past, great for making cds and I wouldn't want to have to buy an internal one just yet so if anyone has run into this particular bit of fun and solved it please let me know,...... or if I need to,.... if anyone could recommend a good kubuntu/ubuntu friendly internal multi-writer.
    pIII 1gig
    512mg ram
    250gig hd
    ati 256mg agp 4x8x
    thanks!!!

Re: samsung se184m drivers

Hello!!

since my first post about this problem I have continued to fiddle about in an effort find a solution and the problem seemed to correct itself( as unlikely as that sounds) It would seem that it was a question of which port in the usb hub it was plugged into. I didn't think that it would matter but the machine works now so I can burn cd's again.
    So problem solved 8)

Comment

Working...
    X