Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all my applications in KMenu with KDE 4.0?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all my applications in KMenu with KDE 4.0?

I must be doing something wrong. I cant even configure my ethernet connection with this new KDE 4.0.

Almost all the applications are missing from KMenu. When I was running KMenu 3.58 , I had all kinds of applications to choose from. Now with 4.0 all I have is Konsole, Dolphin, and Konqueuror and maybe a few other odds and ends. Almost everything else is missing. No KNetworkManager, etc . So I cant configure my ethernet with an IP, etc.

And if I try to run ifconfig from Konsole that doesn't work either.

And all the system tray stuff that I had on the bottom right is not there either. I used to be able to manually configure my network connection by clicking on that from the tray.

Can someone tell me how to get all the KMenu applications back, and how can I get knetworkmanager to run so I can configure my ethernet interface?

thanks!
    John

Re: Where are all my applications in KMenu with KDE 4.0?

Your applications are probably there, new KMenu is kind of weird at first but actually it is faster and more convinient. I think the best way to use it is type in first few letters of your application name into the search box on top (like ade for Adept or open for OpenOffice. Absolutely great if you have as much stuff in apps as I do) plus use "recent" submenu.

Old-style menu can be found in widgets menu (desctop's top-right corner), you can add it on desctop. Right-side tray is either gone or so well-hidden that I haven't luck with it either. (really stupid.)

Comment

Working...
    X