This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anomaly?? or just normal

i have one quick question and i am not sure if it is just my laptop or if KDE is designed this way. whenever my cursor hovers over a particular area for a second or two it automatically selects whatever it is hovering over. it is a little annoying when trying to type in passwords and you realize you are suddenly typing in your konsole. anyway, hope this wasn't too confusing. does this happen to anyone else?

Re: anomaly?? or just normal

Which version of Kubuntu are you running? New installation, or an upgrade? Has this behavior been present from the start, or did it recently show up?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i did a clean install of HH64 KDE 3.5.9, the situation has presented itself since the beginning and is not present in Vista

Comment

You might take a look at the Gesture Settings to see if Disable mouse gestures globally is unchecked.

K Menu > System Settings > Accessibility > Input Actions > Gestures Settings

In unchecked, try checking it and restarting your session (Ctrl+Alt+BkSp) and see if the behavior goes away.

Comment

I couldn't find it on KDE4 but it sounds as though it has something to do with Window Behavior?

System Settings --> Window Behavior

Also under Keyboard and Mouse there is a setting for auto selecting Icons (again this is in KDE4, but shouldn't be to far of from settings in 3.5.9)

Comment

You've probably got "auto-click" activated. (I think that's what it's called. I removed the program from my K Menu) It should be in Utilities, or maybe System. Just open it up and disable it. It's a program that's really intended for people with disabilities or inuries that makes it hard or impossible for them to click the mouse button.

Comment

Hey, does anyone know how to start a new post on this forum. I've figured out how to send a personal message or even use somebody's e-mail, I just can't figure out where a member asks a new question. I have had to reply to a random post just to get to communicate at all.

Maybe I'm just totally dim witted and the write new post button is staring me in the face or something.

Comment

There should be a button that reads "New Topic" when you enter a section (Category) of the forum.

Comment

Click on the Help hyperlink in the main menu bar for all the information on using and navigating the Forum you will ever need.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X