This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poptray like mail notifier for Kubuntu?

I'll start by saying I have a Windows XP partition , but am growing more and more to spend more time on my Kubuntu partition. There's a wonderful little free applet called Poptray that sits in my system notifier tray and tells me when there's no mail sitting on my ISP's server. Is there such an applet for Ubuntu/Kubuntu? Thanks ahead of time.

Re: Poptray like mail notifier for Kubuntu?

That's what happened to me too. Nowadays I only use XP to test sites I build, and I really don't miss Windows!
    I know poptray, very nice program. On kubuntu I use Korn. It has about the same functionality as poptray has.
    There are many more notifiers, but I like this one best.
    You can install it from the repos.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe
        That's what happened to me too. Nowadays I only use XP to test sites I build, and I really don't miss Windows!
        I know poptray, very nice program. On kubuntu I use Korn. It has about the same functionality as poptray has.
        There are many more notifiers, but I like this one best.
        You can install it from the repos.
        As I said, thank you. Is it stable or is it my system. It's bummed out on me twice in the last 12 hours! I've had to uninstall and reinstall it three times.

Comment

Open Adept Manager and search on "mail notif" (without the quotes) and uncheck the package name box. This will list mail notification packages you can choose from.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but it won't install. Can't figure that one out! I uninstalled Korn. Then tried again. Still won't install. I'm wondering whether my adept is screwed up somehow. How do I figure out if that's the problem?

Comment

What version of Kubuntu are you running?

"..but it won't install." What package are you referring to?
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Never had this problems with Korn. I'm afraid I can't help you any further, but Snowhog probably can

Comment

I'm running the new Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 3.5. It's on a virtual disk installed thru Wubi. I assigned it 10 Gig

Comment

Working...
                  X