This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podcast

I would like to migrate away from windows but I am a podcast/mp3 addict. I bought an Insignia MP3/Video player. Does anyone know of a good podcast/music aggregator for Hardy Kubuntu. I've tried gpodder but it doesn't play music. I tried rhythmbox and it looked promising but I can't open any podcast feeds. I tried to download Icepodder but I keep getting a dependency error for missing "python-xmms" when I've installed the only close match to that in adept package manager "python-xmms client". I tried Amorok but I don't see where that does podcasts.

Re: Podcast

Hi Terri.

I use Floola.
    You can download at http://www.floola.com

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Terri
      tried Amorok but I don't see where that does podcasts.
      Amarok is pretty easy. Just open your playlist menu. (On the left hand side click "Playlists") and you will see a directory for podcasts. Just right click on it and "Add Podcast" and a URL window will come up.

Then if you right click on a podcast and "Configure" you can set your options for downloading. You can right click on an individual episode and choose "Download Media" to download it or "Load" to stream it in Amarok.

Comment

while we are on the topic i had a question. is there a program similar to itunes that will actually rip songs from my iPod to my computer?

Comment

Try iriverter and flvget.

Comment

Working...
          X