X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: compiz problems.........

Originally posted by Snowhog
    I was having that problem as well. The (so far) permanent fix (for me) was to press Alt+F2 and type kwin --replace kde-window-decorator I have not had the title bars 'disappear' on me since. There may be another way to remedy this (in Linux, there is almost always more than one way to do something), but for me this worked.

Happy to help. Welcome to the Kubuntu Forum!
    I am having the nasty problem of disappearing windows decorations too, but when I issue your command " kde-windows-decorator" I get the following error...
    "cannot connect to X Server"

If I do it in a terminal window I get the following error:
    Screen 0 on display ":0.0" already has a decoration manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current decoration manager.
    If I do that (--replace), the window decorator kicks in, gives me decoration on one active app end is waiting for (I do CTRL C to shutdown process and I get no decoration at all, have to go to CompizConfig settings manager to disable and enable windows decoration to get decoration back on active app).

Then I found the following tip on a forum somewhere
    Put the command "/usr/bin/emerald" in -->CompizConfig Settings Manager → Window Decoration → Command

And HOORAY all is working well for me now, hope this helps someone.

Comment

Re: compiz problems.........

I installed the Compiz Fusion Icon and that fixed all of my window decorator problems. Might want to give it a shot.
      Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Comment

Working...
      X