This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep getting error message with Dolphin

For some reason, I keep getting an error message every time I close Dolphin. Something about, can't save bookmarks. I've got plenty of disk space. I've attached a jpeg of the message. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Keep getting error message with Dolphin

It is not a space but a permissions issue. Change the permissions in the bookmarks.xml file.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Maybe: Kubuntu Forums > Important Information > Documentation > Bugs > Topic: Kubuntu Gutsy Known Problems
      Dolphin/D3lphin

If you get error:

/home/<user>/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/bookmarks.xml. Reported error was: Permission denied. This error message will only be shown once. The cause of the error needs to be fixed as quickly as possible, which is most likely a full hard drive.

These may help:...
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
        Maybe: Kubuntu Forums > Important Information > Documentation > Bugs > Topic: Kubuntu Gutsy Known Problems
        Dolphin/D3lphin

If you get error:

/home/<user>/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/bookmarks.xml. Reported error was: Permission denied. This error message will only be shown once. The cause of the error needs to be fixed as quickly as possible, which is most likely a full hard drive.

These may help:...
        i got this before too, but it was only cuz i ran dolphin with sudo, which i think made it set the permissions for the current user. (su). as Fintan said, i just had to change the permissions of the file back to what they previously were.
        <br />

Comment

Originally posted by echoes~
          i got this before too, but it was only cuz i ran dolphin with sudo, which i think made it set the permissions for the current user. (su). as Fintan said, i just had to change the permissions of the file back to what they previously were.
          I've got the same error for the same reason. I however can't change the file ownership back to normal from root which it now is. What could I do?

juha@juha-laptop:~$ sudo chown juha /home/juha/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/bookmarks.xml
          chown: vaihdetaan tiedoston "/home/juha/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/bookmarks.xml" omistajuus: Operation not permitted

I also tried to change file permissions to 777 with the same outcome.

Comment

Why not just open up:
            /home/juha/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/
            as root from dolphin and right click on the bookmarks file choose properties>permissions and change then from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredh
              Why not just open up:
              /home/juha/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/
              as root from dolphin and right click on the bookmarks file choose properties>permissions and change then from there.
              Doesn't work either.

Comment

It's a dolphin bug. You need to uninstall kdesu.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/136458

Comment

Originally posted by Robin T Cox
                  It's a dolphin bug. You need to uninstall kdesu.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/136458
                  Kdesudo is not installed.

That bookmark.xml is the only file which ownership or flags I can't change for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X