This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Wine on 7.10

I've been trying to get Wine to work, but to no avail. It has been installed using Adept, but when I go to K -> System Settings -> Advanced -> Windows Applications I get the following message

It appears that you do not have wine installed. wine can be used to run some programs designed for Windows. Would you like to install it?

You will need administrative privileges, and the community-maintained (universe) repository will be enabled.

I click yes. A window pops up briefly with a progress bar. Too briefly for me to read sadly. Then I get a greyed out screen saying much the same. System settings still thinks Wine is not installed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Wine several times in Adept but nothing changes.

When I try to invoke and configure Wine on the commandline I get the following:

alaric@orac:~$ wine --version
    wine-0.9.46
    alaric@orac:~$ winecfg
    Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
    Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
    Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/alaric', starting in the Windows directory.
    fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo unknown cpu family '16', please report ! (-> setting to 386)
    fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo unknown cpu family '16', please report ! (-> setting to 386)
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any help would be appreciated
    Kubuntu 7.10 AMD 64<br />AMD Phenom X4 9550 / Asus M3A32-MVP mobo<br />8GB DDR2 Ram / 1TB SATA HDD<br />BFG nVidia 9600GT OC

Re: Problems with Wine on 7.10

try removing the one frrom the kubuntu repos and installing the one from the winehq.com website.
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Working...
    X