Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed new sound card, now how do I get it to work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed new sound card, now how do I get it to work?

I just installed a sound blaster audigy sound card in my pc and I disabled the built-in sound card in the motherboard. How do I enable the new sound card?

Re: Installed new sound card, now how do I get it to work?

assuming the sound card is supported in linux (you didn't mention the brand/model) & you installed it correctly, it should be automatically detected.
    <br />

Comment

?

I'm having the same trouble with my Creative Sound blaster audigy soundcard. No sound at all. I am totally new to Linux and Kubuntu and have attempted to fiddle around with system settings and the hardware with no luck and have also installed the ALSA mixer and ALSAMixergui. Still no sound in any application (Amarok, Kaffeine, Konqueror etc.) I did try to mess around with all the different options in ALSA and just raised all the bars to the top for the different sound sources with no luck.

My PC is about 6 years old, its an AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 128MB, 80GB HDD, Sound Blaster Audigy soundcard. Asus motherboard. Also It is a dual booting system with both Windows XP and Kubuntu. (I don't know what release of Kubuntu I have but I downloaded mine under a month ago though (Is there a way of looking on the system to see which version it is - its KDE ver 3.5.8?))

Ps. I did get some info from Kinfo centre about my soundcard....check the attached image.

Comment

Have just sorted out my sound! Went into BIOS and turned off AC97 onboard audio. Changed all my settings on sound back to default and autodetect. Still didn't work so I went into ALSA Mixer GUI and fiddled with all the sound options turning different things on and off and then suddenly music blasted out at me! Success!

Comment

it would be good if you say what you 'fiddled with' to get this working

Comment

Working...
          X