This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 7.10 Install & Updater failure

Hello, downloaded DVD, verified, installed. Updater, says 172 packages available, click to download. All download fine. Install process errors out at 62% "there was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages" On screen the install is at "ibqt3-mt...."

Updater closes, and gives the error a new version is available. Click next if you wish to upgrade now. I shut down and re-started.

Updater doesn't work now and the restricted driver service does not work either.

My guess is the updater downloaded a package to update itself? The install wasn't possible while it was running? How do you fix problems like this? This seems like a pretty poor "out of the box" experience. Have I missed some obvious instructions about how to update properly. It seems likely I guess!

Thanks.

Re: Kubuntu 7.10 Install & Updater failure

Hi, I have the same problem as you, but you managed to explain the problem way better than I did. Someone did post a solution but I am yet to try it. The thread is http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3093440.0

Comment

Working...
    X