This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't start Kubuntu

I have an HP Pavilion tx1115nr, and I want to get Kubuntu 7.10 installed on it, but it won't load the live CD. The CD boots, and I see the Kubuntu load screen, after that a bunch of weird text, and then my screen just blacks out and makes weird looking things that have no value whatsoever. This weird formation of things happens on many linux distros I have tried, and then the system goes into KDE. I tried Kubuntu on another PC and I really like it, so I want to install it on my tx1115nr. Can anyone give me an idea on how to fix this?

Just as a notice...
    I have tried using the noacpi command without results.

Re: Can't start Kubuntu

Originally posted by kevinzheng.101
    I have tried using the noacpi command without results.
    Good. Means you know how to edit the kernel grub line entry. Retry, and edit to remove the splash and quiet kernel options. This will allow you to see the boot messages in all their glory. It there is a 'hang,' you will be able to report back on what message is being reported.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ok, I tried that,but then, the screen just blacked out and the computer stopped doing anything. The CD drive stopped reading, the HDD light stopped, I left it for about an hour and it just stayed. A giant splotch of white appeared on my screen, then nothing...

Comment

This most likely is a video compatibility issue. Reboot with the LiveCD and opt to boot using Safe Graphics (VGA) mode.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X