This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation hang up!

So Im not sure exactly where to ask this, but being a "new guy" I figured this would be the spot. I just finished building a new little HTPC box and was looking to install Kubuntu( LinuxMCE ). Upon booting up I doubled checked my bios settings just to make sure everything seemed to be running smoothly, and it did. I proceeded to install, selecting to install Kubuntu from a DvD I burnt. The loading screen appeared ( Im guessing loading necessary installation files) and it ran for a few minutes, then suddenly my screen went black and started to fill with what looked like errors. The error, which was :

" [ 163.3425256] ata1: (ir_stat 0x00000040, connection status changed)
    [ 165.1234155] ata1: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x4080000 action 0x2 frozon"

with the occasional line added in :

"Buffer I/O error device fd0, logical block 0"

Now given this error I powered down, double checked all my connections and rebooted to no avail. I then made the assumption a there might be a bios problem so I rechecked that, and nothing popped out at me. Checked various things such as RAM and HardDisks, and still had problems. I then spent the better part of a day trying to research this, and most people just say they did similar stuff I did and it solved their issue, managed to change a bios setting, or still haven't resolved their problem. If anyone could please help, I would much appreciate it, and thanks in advanced.

Before I forget, sys-specs:
    Asus M2A-VM HDMI mobo
    Corsair CM2X1024-6400 RAM (x2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Pioneer BDC-202 Blu-ray DvD-R/RW

I would be more then happy to provide any more information needed, in hopes of solving this problem. Once again any help is appreciated.

Re: Installation hang up!

you might try to install, offline (disconnected) then resolve the network issues after you have a system up and running

Comment

Re: Installation hang up!

AMD 64 bit processor somentimes cause some problems during installation.

Other thing: have you partitioned your hard disk?

Comment

Working...
      X