X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to start few kde's

I have created 2 users on my PC's. For one of them kde is already running
    Is that possible to run "another" kde for the second user, using starting it from different terminal (switched there via Ctrl+Alt+F4)

Re: How to start few kde's

That is done a bit differently. In KDE, choose 'Switch User' from the K Menu, and 'Start New Session' (or Lock Current and~ if you want) Then you'll get another login screen, where said user can login (and choose whatever environment they want). This will usually appear on Ctrl-Alt-F8 or higher.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

And is that possible to run several instances for one user? On different terminals?

Comment

Well, a funny thing was when I installed gdm (kdm still being the default)
        After kdm ran on [F7] gdm ran on [F9]
        Could login in both of them and have different things running. However I don't remember if I ran one or two different users
        Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

usr/local/sbin/sshd -t -f /usr/local/etc/sshd_configPrivilege separation error

Hello

I am new to this forum.

Can you tell me where is the button to post my own query freshly.

I am having problem while installing SSH. it says

usr/local/sbin/sshd -t -f /usr/local/etc/sshd_config
          Privilege separation user sshd does not exist
          make: [check-config] Error 255 (ignored)

Can someone help me

Comment

Originally posted by helland
            And is that possible to run several instances for one user? On different terminals?
            It will, but I wouldn't count on multiple kdes not interfering with each other in some sense. I imagine session management in particular might go a bit wonky.
            I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
            X