This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting kpdf as default doesn't work in Firefox

I tried that before and there seems to be nothing for pdf files and I could see no way of adding new extensions. Fortunately for FF there is the suggestion of the PDF Download mentioned earlier which I have installed but havent tried yet on a pdf file in FF. I hope it will work! This still is only a fix for FF and not a global method. Do you have any comment about my question 2) on System Settings in Gutsy?

Comment

No answer to your #2.

FF has to have something in the file associations for opening pdf files, else when you clicked on a pdf file in FF it wouldn't know what to do with it. So, there probably is an association that can be changed.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

For the FF pdf addon, go here.

Comment

Got the PDF Download installed already as I mentioned but not tried yet until I encounter pdf file on a website. It comes well recommended. As for 2) I have done some googling. It appears that Kubuntu has replaced the KDE Control Centre by System Settings and as we have seen, something has happened to access to File Associations via Default Applications in Kubuntu Gutsy. I found out that KDE Control Centre is installed (probably by default) but does not appear via Kmenu on my system. I got it up by typing kcontrol in terminal and it has File Associations and possibly some other stuff. I followed someones instructions to put an icon link to kcontrol and have it appear in kmenu but it didn't work. Could you help me with that as I would like to use Control Centre rather than System Settings?

Comment

Simple enough to add the Control Center to your K Menu.

Right-click on the K Menu icon and select Menu Editor. Click either, File > New Item or on the sheet of papper icon to the right of the diskette icon. Provide the new item a name - Control Center. Provide a description - KControl. In the Command field type kcontrol
            Click on the default icon to the right of Name and Description
            Scroll down to kcontrol icon and click on it.
            Click on the diskette icon or select File > Save > Quit

That's it.

Comment

Many thanks for all your effort.

Comment

Happy to assist.

Comment

Working...
                X