This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SWAP and hibernation problem

Problem is that I dont have sdc3 partition.She doesnt exsist.Gparted just shows sdc-unlocated space,Partition Magic also show unlocated space.And that partition is fully functional.Its labeled Big Brother.

Comment

Aha. Well, somehow that unallocated space on the same drive with "Big Brother" has been given a UUID, so now Linux looks at the unallocated space as "swap", as reported by blkid
      Code:
      /dev/sdc1: UUID="FE3C6A553C6A08CB" LABEL="Big Brother" TYPE="ntfs"
      /dev/sdc3: TYPE="swap" UUID="0dd683f8-8055-4e05-a926-8bac2c3390bb"
      Maybe it would help if you format that /dev/sdc3 partition as ext3, so Linux does not think it is swap space. Later you can use Windows and format it as NTFS if you want.

Comment

Don,
        tell me how to format that partition(sdc3) and I will do it.She exist only on that blkid.Not at gparted.

Yesterday I somehow menaged to hibernate,but today I cant.

Comment

Are you running GParted in Kubuntu? Because Kubuntu seems to see some swap space there, which is presently in use, as reported by blkid. So that means GParted can't see it. GParted only sees space on unmounted drives.

So probably you have to use GParted from a Kubuntu Live CD or a GParted Live CD to see that partition.

Comment

Working...
          X