This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widgets

I love love the new KDE Gutsy 7.10 I installed recently.

Two questions though... Isn't there supposed to be "control center" in the KDE menu, I can't find it. I right clicked the KDE menu icon and go to the menu editor and still don't see it?

Does anyone know where to get widgets for the desktop...like an analog clock etc..

Re: Widgets

Are you using KDE 4.0.x? You didn't mention whether you did in your post.

If so, you can go to the upper-right corner of your desktop and click Add Widgets (it will appear when you point at the Plasma logo there). To add one to the panel, drag its list entry to the panel where you want it to be. To remove widgets, you can click the red minus ( - ) sign in the list.

If you aren't using KDE 4.x, you can't add widgets.

Comment

KDE 3.5.9 you'll need superkaramba and some screenlets to go w/ it.
      [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

I recently installed Kubuntu 8.04 (kde4) and am having trouble figuring out how to add widgets myself. i've read a number of posts that say something along the lines of "right click on something in the upper right hand corner of the desktop".....there's nothing to click on for me!!
        any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Terri
          Two questions though... Isn't there supposed to be "control center" in the KDE menu, I can't find it. I right clicked the KDE menu icon and go to the menu editor and still don't see it?
          The default control center of KDE 3.5 is replaced in kubuntu by System Settings. However it is still there behind the scenes so if you specifically want it just alt+f2 (run command) "kcontrol" (without quotation marks).

Comment

ok, i'm a gimp. i couldn't see the widget tool because i didn't upgrade to kde4, just to kubuntu 8.04......so i tried to upgrade to kubuntu 8.04 w/ kde4, but now i'm getting GRUB error 17 on boot up.....

Comment

Working...
            X