Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thankyou Volunteers, and whoever we have to thank for donating the site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou Volunteers, and whoever we have to thank for donating the site.

I read a post where the support was slammed and I wanted to let everyone who is volunteering their time, knowledge and resources. I think you are all doing a wonderful thing and hope to be able to join you in helping others as I come up to speed with ubuntu. THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Thankyou Volunteers, and whoever we have to thank for donating the site.

I agree,

thanks to OpenSource for keeping this forum as wonderful and useful as it is and to all forumers for their constant support.

I break it, therefore I learn it.<br />

Comment

OS (Open Source) is our gracious host for the Kubuntu Forums. His willingness to provide this excellent Forum speaks volumes to his desire to foster the knowledge and use of Kubuntu Linux. Everyone here is a volunteer - non-paid 'helpers.' The experience levels range from "just installed Linux for the very first time" to "Linux Developer" and everything in between. What we all share in common, is the love of Linux and the desire to learn and share what we have learned ourselves.

So, welcome to the family.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you for the kind words !
        I like our peaceful forums here, I try jumping in where I can, but usually someone has already beaten me to the punch That's what I call (from my restarant management training) getting a WOW! experience, and all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          OS (Open Source) is our gracious host for the Kubuntu Forums. His willingness to provide this excellent Forum speaks volumes to his desire to foster the knowledge and use of Kubuntu Linux. Everyone here is a volunteer - non-paid 'helpers.' The experience levels range from "just installed Linux for the very first time" to "Linux Developer" and everything in between. What we all share in common, is the love of Linux and the desire to learn and share what we have learned ourselves.

So, welcome to the family.
          Originally posted by claydoh
          Thank you for the kind words !
          I like our peaceful forums here, I try jumping in where I can, but usually someone has already beaten me to the punch That's what I call (from my restarant management training) getting a WOW! experience, and all for FREE!
          Yes, I agree that OS has done a terrific job here, but I also want to add that you two have helped me a great bunch. I wouldn't know half what I do know without your help.

Comment

I want to ditto the appreciation. I simply could not have gotten Kubuntu to meet my needs in the time I have available without the wonderful help of this Forum. For what's it's worth, I've become an eager evangelizer for Kubuntu - and in talking about it I always mention this forum as a top resource for new users. I'm deeply grateful for the help offered here. Your efforts mean more than you can know.

Comment

I must have missed the negative post and I'm not going to look for it.

This forum is one of the best support sites of any Operating System.
              And it became so because someone wanted to commit his time and money in setting it up.
              This forum is now what it is because of the high number of participants that like to spend their time and effort to help others get things right.
              It will stay this way when the moderator(s) continue to balance the wish of most participants for a peaceful yet lively place of learning with the urge of some to speak their mind.
              I feel this balance has been exquisitely met.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X