X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install kubuntu manually

Hello,

I want to learn how to install kubuntu manually rather than have the live CD install it and do everything for me. Like how to create a grub file, then the boot file, partition etc, can you list the steps and the commands to install it, this is for a computer that is NOT going to duel boot with windows, more like practice or a great learning experience.

Thank you

Re: install kubuntu manually

You need to search "compile from source" for Kubuntu -- should be at the support site as a download option?
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I did not get your answer, i need a "compile from source" for kubuntu and I download it from the download options. I looked on that page but didnt see nothing. Usually from other Linux OS you can type in a command that goes into a DOS version of Linux, there you tell how much MB you want the SWAP file, how much MB you want the other file, and then you can give the rest of the HD space to the OS itself, how do you do that?

Thanks

Comment

I better let you define your problem more precisely
        I was thinking you meant something, sorta, kinda like building your own Kubuntu from scratch on HDD (compiling the kernel,doing the modules yourself, GRUB from source code, etc.) . But now it sounds different (easier).
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X