This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<solved>connection to mirror while loading

Hi all. Lately i've been changing my linux distros alot trying to find the best one. I decided to stick with Kubuntu! Last night would have been my 3rd time loading kubuntu(first time loading 7.1 or the newest one) and i loaded it off the live cd. Everything was going fine until the "Scanning mirrors" part where it stopped. I went out for a little while and came back. Still in that spot. After a bit of searching on the forum, they were saying it was a bad connection to the mirror. So i unplugged my network cable and with in a minute it finished loading but gave this security warning that was also listed in past post. After getting everything finish loading and i can now use Kubuntu with out the cd the posts said i need to change my "repositories settings". This is where im stuck. Im not very clear on how to do this. If anyone can help i'd be very thankful. Very new to Linux but love it already!

Thanks n advanced
    ism.

Re: connection to mirror while loading

Copy and paste your "/etc/apt/sources.list" here for us to see.
    Registered Linux User #380263 - Registered Linux Computer #279395<br />Linux, working hard to save you $$$ - Get a clue, get Linux!<br />Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz, Intel Desktop Board D945GTP, Intel On Board Audio, Video and Ethernet Controller

Comment

For Gutsy Installations:

Open Adept Manager (K Menu | System | Adept Manger) and click on Adept | Manage Repositories. On the first tab, check all items (you don't need the last item checked unless you intend to download source files for compiling). On the Third-Party Software tab uncheck/delete the cdrom repository entry. Close the window. If Adept doesn't automatically fetch updates, click on Fetch Updates. You will now have access to the thousands of available packages. If you still have problems, open a console and type:
      Code:
      sudo dpkg --configure -a
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

snowhog: Thankyou it is all fixed!

Comment

Re: &lt;solved&gt;connection to mirror while loading

Glad to help, and, Welcome to Kubuntu Forums!
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X