Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I get my kubuntu graphic login screen back?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I get my kubuntu graphic login screen back?

I fixed my own problem. thx

Re: how do I get my kubuntu graphic login screen back?

You don't say what the versoin of your OS is and that can be important due to bugs in some applications.

What I think you are talking about is your KDM Theme and the themes can be changed by using the "KDM Theme Manager" you will find this in your repos and after you install it you will find it in Kcontrol Center, System Administration, KDM Theme Manager.

If every thing else is ok and you don't see the theme that you want to use in the theme manager you can go to /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes and select the folder that the theme is in and and copy it to your home folder, now you can go to your home folder and right click the theme folder that you just saved and choose "Compress as a .tar.gz" and Ark will make a new compressed file that you can install while using the theme manager.

If the Theme Manager don't work and the one in Hardy don't, I completely removed it and downloaded "kcontrol-kdmtheme" from here: http://kambing.ui.edu/ubuntu/pool/un...trol-kdmtheme/ if you have "kpackage" installed then all you need to do is click on the "kcontrol-kdmtheme" .deb file and kpackage will open with the deb file ready for you to install and that KDM Theme Manager works great. Good luck.
    Registered Linux User #380263 - Registered Linux Computer #279395<br />Linux, working hard to save you $$$ - Get a clue, get Linux!<br />Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz, Intel Desktop Board D945GTP, Intel On Board Audio, Video and Ethernet Controller

Comment

Working...
    X