• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ies4linux install problem

Trying to install ies4linus and on last step get following in terminal:

albert@ALBERT-desktop:~$ cd ies4linux-*
    albert@ALBERT-desktop:~/ies4linux-2.99.0.1$ ./ies4linux
    /home/albert/ies4linux-2.99.0.1/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py:268: GtkWarning: gtk_text_layout_real_invalidate: assertion `layout->wrap_loop_count == 0' failed
    self.textbuffer.insert_with_tags(self.textbuffer.g et_end_iter(), line, tag)

Gtk-ERROR **: Byte index 19 is off the end of the line
    aborting...
    ui/pygtk/python-gtk.sh: line 6: 18652 Aborted (core dumped) python "$IES4LINUX"/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py
    albert@ALBERT-desktop:~/ies4linux-2.99.0.1$

Could anyone tell me what is going wrong and how to fix it?

Re: ies4linux install problem

Are you following the Installation:Ubuntu instructions?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for reply. I had gone to that site, checked cabextract was installed, and jumped to last step, not following instrs. This time it worked ok. Now I am having trouble getting ie up and running. In .wine I find /program files/internet explorer containing a file iexplore.exe but it just gives a blank screen. Also nothing in kmenu. Could you help?

Comment

Did you correctly change deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt edgy main line to reflect the version of Kubuntu you are running? If you aren't running edgy then you need to change it.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Did that. The blank screen problem is apparently a bug which is being worked on.

Comment

Working...
          X