X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with the MD5

Hi.

I am a beginner in the world of the linux and the kubuntu, so i have some questions.

First of all I download an iso image of kubuntu 7.10 i386 with utorrent but when i check de md5 it fails.

Well, I try 2 different md5 checkers and both numbers are diferent, and different from the official md5 checksum.

Somebody knows a good md5 checker for windows and what happens.

Thank you very much.

Re: Problems with the MD5

Windows check Md5sum of your download:

Windows users should download a tool called md5summer: http://md5summer.org/

1. Download the self-extracting exe. Execute the file and it will expand 2 files in the current directory: md5summer.exe and md5summer.md5
    2. Execute md5summer.exe, respond "yes" to associate extension "md5" with md5summer program
    3. Now you can either double-click on the .md5 file and the program will check the md5 sum automatically, or from md5summer you can select as "root folder" the folder where you downloaded the .iso and .md5 files and then select "verify sums" and select the .md5 file you want to check.

Windows check the integrity of the CD

1. Get the free version of the Windows application IsoBuster, available at: http://isobuster.com/
    2. Insert CD in drive.
    3. Run IsoBuster as Administrator.
    4. In registration dialog, select "Free funct. only".
    5. In left pane, right-click on CD (top line) to get context menu, and select: "MD5 Checksum file" >> "Create MD5 Checksum" >> "For image file with 2048 bytes/block".
    6. Compare the MD5 in the .tao line of the output with the MD5 in the downloaded .md5sum file.

Alternate method of checking CD: Use IsoBuster to create an .iso file from the CD, and then do a binary comparison of that file with the downloaded .iso (using fc /b from a command prompt); the files should be identical.
    Registered Linux User #380263 - Registered Linux Computer #279395<br />Linux, working hard to save you $$$ - Get a clue, get Linux!<br />Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz, Intel Desktop Board D945GTP, Intel On Board Audio, Video and Ethernet Controller

Comment

Working...
    X