This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIndows launch too high up

by defualt my windows start int he upper leftr corner of the screen, and i cant move them. how can i change this?

Re: WIndows launch too high up

I'm not sure what you are referring to here ...
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

say when i launch firefox. it appears in the upper left hand courner, and i cant reach the title bar.

Comment

I see. There's been a post or two on that; I can't recall what it was just now.
        Have you played with K > System Settings > Display & Monitor?
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

a little.

oh btw im running compiz, if theres somehting i can configure with that.

Comment

might be; we need to wait for a compiz guy (I've never used it, sorry--Beryl once in MEPIS is all for me )

Comment

darn. well if anybody can help me....this is kind of a pressing matter

Comment

Smatt454, some more people are showing up, so hang on ...

Comment

I don't know why they appear on the screen like this, but you can still "grab" them if you hold down alt key while left-clicking on the window.

Comment

Smatt454,

Yes, do what klerflayt suggests, while moving mouse (or finger on trackpad for lappy) down.

I have similar problems I have been investigating.

Once you have a window title bar where you can see it, maximize it, which should expand it to fill all the screen available. then minimize, re-size it to the size you would like and then close.
                    Open the app again, it might just be 'corrected.' This worked with Firefox for me... I have a few more to try!

God Bless
                    Doug

EDIT:

Well, it looks like that works only if you leave the windows maximized!
                    Malachi 3:10 ESV <br />...says the LORD of hosts... I will not open...windows...for you...<br /><br />Linux user since 2001 pda; 2006 lappy

Comment

Re: WIndows launch too high up[sort of solved]

thank you both. While this doesnt entirely fix my problem, it was extremely helpful. and if anyone has any ideas on how to change where the app window launches by default, please pass them on to me.

thanks again XD

Comment

Working...
                      X