This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexmark Printer

I have a USB connected Lexmark X1185 printer. I used the Adept Installer to install foomatic. Then I went to http://localhost:631/printers/ to install the new printer. My printer is recognized. The driver is listed. Cups shows the printer installed successfully, the new URL is usb://Lexmark%20/X1100%20Series. I went to the jobs tab to print a test page. There it shows the job started and stopped. Retry...no go. I checked the "printers" tab and this error is on the top of the page.

"/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed"

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer

Hi.
    Try using the assistant from "System Settings" --> "Printers".
    Make sure you remove all spaces in the printer's name, it can make conflicts.
    I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks but that didn't work. When I go to system> printers it shows my printer, named printer, no spaces, with two jobs ready. (both test pages) when I go to the properties I see the same error message next to status "Ready: /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed". The connection tab shows the printer type to be: "Local or detected printer" The radial button next to "use a detected printer is highlighted, and the detected printer is "Lexmark X1100 Series )Lexmark X1100 Series USB #1) which is correct. The driver 1100 is selected under the driver tab. The print job still shows stopped.

Comment

then try another compatible driver, i cant figure out another solution

Comment

Originally posted by Terri
          Thanks but that didn't work. When I go to system> printers it shows my printer, named printer, no spaces, with two jobs ready. (both test pages) when I go to the properties I see the same error message next to status "Ready: /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed". The connection tab shows the printer type to be: "Local or detected printer" The radial button next to "use a detected printer is highlighted, and the detected printer is "Lexmark X1100 Series )Lexmark X1100 Series USB #1) which is correct. The driver 1100 is selected under the driver tab. The print job still shows stopped.
          Try this:

http://www.soddengecko.com/09/2006/i...inters-ubuntu/

(Note: You will probably have to install libstdc++5 as well.)

Comment

Thanks
            I haven't looked on here in a while so I missed this earlier. This looks promising. I'll give it a try.
            Thanks Again

Comment

Working...
            X