This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C compiler error

For LimeWire, first of all, you use ant, not make.

Second, do you have Java installed? It's in the multiverse. And since your building in JAVA, it wouldn't hurt to install the J2SDK (multiverse)

Thirdly, you don't have to compile LimeWire from source. FrostWire is better, but you can also install the .RPM package using alien. But not compiling from source is fer yella-bellies... well not really.

Any more questions, just ask, I've built LimeWire before, took a few weeks, but it was my first package

Also, build docs are here: http://limewire.org/buildcode.shtml
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Thanks for all the help I guess I come across as stupid but I am new to all this. Also, I can't beleive I forgot about FrostWire!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuses Left Leg
        Thanks for all the help I guess I come across as stupid but I am new to all this. Also, I can't beleive I forgot about FrostWire!
        You came across as eager and willing to learn to me I was just trying to guide you onto the right path.

And FrostWire is very superior to LimeWire in terms of results-finding. My friends bands demo songs actually showed up on FrostWire..and I believe they were blocked by LimeWire, but I don't know for sure.
        <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Compiling isn't working...
          After downloading the source code I begin to follow the instructions and when i run the command "ant" it says..
          Buildfile: build.xml

init:

checkjars:

core:
          [javac] Compiling 588 source files to /home/matt/trunk/core
          [javac] directory does not exist: -sourcepath

BUILD FAILED
          /home/matt/trunk/core/build.xml:46: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 7 seconds

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
            X