This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi drives

Gooday all. I have been away for a while but now I'm back. I tried out Fedora for a coupla months and eventually totally borked the system.So, this is my dilemma. I bought a 250g hd and installed it as slave, all went well. I started experimenting with every distro I could get my hands on. I had Fedora on HDa and did all my experimenting on the other, HDb. Some how or other I ended getting locked out of HDa. By that I mean I am unable to log into HDa, I get an error 15 signal when I try. What happens is it starts to load as normal then at GRUB Loading stage 1.5 it says Grub Loading, please wait, error15.Then nothing happens. I have tried every thing I can think of with the GRUB disc, I have used the G-Parted disc to check that the partitions are still there. Don't know what to try next. There is really no big deal if I have lost the lot, but out of interest and for the experience I would like to try. So, could one of the kind folk here point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Regards, James.

Re: Multi drives

I did a quick google on your problem:
    Code:
    ubuntu "grub error 15"
    And several returned with this piece of text/advice:

This error is returned if the specified file name cannot be found, but everything else (like the disk/partition info) is OK.

Frequently, the error notes a missing kernel image file. Make sure that the file it is referring to exists on your boot partition.

I suggest you follow some of these tips.

Comment

Re: Multi drives

How To GRUB Methods - Toolkit
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081671.0
      Reply #23: GRUB Errors -- common errors and what causes them and how to fix them, Reply #23

(Post any questions back here.)
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X