This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep getting FEBE Permissions error in Firefox

I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 with the latest version of Firefox. I keep getting this permissions error after I transfered my K7.04 Firefox FEBE settings over to K7.10. When I click on the error box nothing happens so I guess I need to manually fix it. I've attached a jpeg of it.
    Attached Files

Re: Keep getting FEBE Permissions error in Firefox

No idea what FEBE is, but you can easily mark the needed files as executable if you go to the location of the files as listed in the dialog, right-click on the files and select 'properties', then 'permissions'. If this does not work still, you may have an ownership issue as your 7.04 user may have a different 'ID' number than the one in 7.10. To make sure this is set, you can run this command to ensure all your firefox files are properly owned by you:
    Code:
    sudo chown -Rv jacatone.jacatone /home/jacatone/.mozilla
    If you have copied other files/settings from your Feisty user, you can make sure everything is owned by you, simply use '/home/jacatone' in the above command to have it do your whole home directory

Comment

I did try to find the file in the dialog box, but it has an * by it so it hidden I guess. How would I make it visible to me?

Comment

In either Dolphin or in Konqueror, go to the 'View" menu once you are in your home directory (/home/jacatone)

A keyboard shortcut is Alt + .

Which is the alt key plus the 'period' key to toggle viewing hidden files/dirs

Comment

Working...
        X