This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a list of default kubuntu groups

I have had need of a list of default groups on a fresh install of kubuntu and have seen many requests of the same nature and I haven't found one yet. so I decided to post one here. mods, if there is one here please feel free to delete this post.
    remember this from a FRESH OUT OF THE BOX install of kubuntu.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **************

default user <your user name>

primary group <your user name>

secondary groups:

adm
    admin
    audio
    cdrom
    dialout
    dip
    floppy
    lpadmin
    netdev
    plugdev
    powerdev
    scanner
    video
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **************

I hope this helps those in need of this info. I was in a hurry and didn't get a list of file ownership and groups info for the default directory owners and groups. I know there is a way to list it. but I don't remember right now. perhaps some one could chime in or post it here. I know it would help me and a lot of others as well.

skillet

Re: here is a list of default kubuntu groups

Meh. I justed wiped mine out because I typed "usermod -G" instead of "usermod -G -a"

Are the groups the same for 10.10?

Comment

I'm on 10.10, but have been for a while now. I've made adjustments that may have added/removed a group. Here is my list, with *'s next to those that I could have potentially added.

adm
      dailout
      cdrom
      plugdev
      fuse*
      lpadmin
      admin
      sambashare*

Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

Thanks bud.