X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on your desktop.

Hi Folks,
    I'm a newbie running Gutsy, and I kind of messed it up a bit installing some software, so I'm treating Gutsy as a big learning experience while waiting for the Hardy release to do a brand new install. So I've been installing and removing software and picking favourites to use when I have a the new install.
    I was wondering what icons, themes, and other eye candy you have running on your machine to make it look good. I just learned about superkaramba, and I know about compix-fusion ( are beryl themes used for this ) but haven't had the guts to play with it yet. Any gems I'm missing?

BTW my favourite programs:
    amarok, rainlendar, soundKonverter, Kdenlive ,Kaudiocreater, VLC player, Mplayer, Kmymoney I know I'm missing tons so any other recommendations would be great too.
    Also any type of file viewer program in Linux? Like filesee, or explorerview

Many thanks

Re: What's on your desktop.

Well, I am running the Domino theme. Klearlooks, and/or QtCurve is pretty good too.

With the Oxygen Emerald theme for Compiz-Fusion.

I like the Slick, Noia, and NuoveXT icon themes.

Lm-Sensors is an essential installation for me. I like to keep an eye on my temps. That combined with a SuperKaramba applet, or Gkrellm.

I'm sure you've heard of Wine, the Windows 9x/XP compatibility layer.

As for Firewalls, I prefer to use Firestarter. It has a little tray icon, like most Windows Firewalls...
    The answers are out there...

Comment

Don't forget K3b, THE best burning app there is.
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

either polyester or domino style, can't stand crystal icons so I use these

a few less known excellent kde applications:
        krename, kstreamripper, kdict, krecordmydesktop, filelight (this is actually radialview for konqueror)

Comment

Working...
        X