This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping CDs - some CDs taking a long time to rip

I find that some audio CDs take a long time to rip under Kubuntu 7.10 (or individual tracks). This occurs whichever method or program I use which is available from Adept Manager.

The same CD ripped on the same machine, with the same quality settings etc when the machine is booted to WinXP rips within a few minutes.

For example, for one CD which under WinXP takes 5 or 6 minutes, will take 30 minutes. With some CDs under Kubuntu a single track (of 5 minutes) length will take 15 to 30 minutes. (Even the "best performing" CD under Kubuntu takes at least twice as long to rip compared to the same CD being ripped under WinXP). However, there are some CDs which get "stuck" and refuse to rip beyond a certain point, or will take hours.

This is not an isolated problem but happens on a wide selection of CDs.

I have also tried on a second computer which is a dual boot WinXP/Xandros machine, and the same issue arises.

Is there anything that can be done so that really "slow" CDs do not take so long to rip under Kubuntu?

Victor Warner.

Re: Ripping CDs - some CDs taking a long time to rip

Have you tried using "kaudiocreator" that's what I use and it takes about 15min to rip a whole cd, if you can't find it in the Kmenu you can install it, it's in your repos.
    Registered Linux User #380263 - Registered Linux Computer #279395<br />Linux, working hard to save you $$$ - Get a clue, get Linux!<br />Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz, Intel Desktop Board D945GTP, Intel On Board Audio, Video and Ethernet Controller

Comment

Working...
    X