• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Totally new problem- never seen b4

yes
    #title Windows XP whatever
    #root (hd0,1)
    #chainloader +1
    is in examples and shows nowhere further down where I think it shud [where there are no #. all I see there are Linux/Kubuntu stuff

Comment

Can you post the entire menu.lst so we can see it? Just copy and paste?
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

"Can u give me the cmds for konsole to alter this menu.lst or tell me how to get permission to change this file in Konqueror"

Sorry, somehow I missed your post (above) where you posted that question.

At Konsole
        kdesu kate /boot/grub/menu.lst
        will open menu.lst in the text editor Kate, as root. After making edits, then File > Save and File > Quit.

I'm not sure what's going on with Error 25 on hd0 ... (just saw that now, as I said).

On this: find /boot/grub/menu.lst, make sure you type that and not copy/paste it from OOo Writer or from a text editor (as sometimes that doesn't work, believe it or not!).

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thanks QMike
          for trying to help.
          I did bite the dust, but only took a small taste.
          I am retiring the dual boot problem for now.
          I have installed Xubuntu 7.10 on a separate HD and am running it alone.
          I have connected to the internet with it and have been playing around with setting it up.
          I have also installed wine and have access to my WinXP stuff thru it and ntfs-3g.
          I may still go to Kubuntu in the future, afterall it is only a HD away.
          Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X