This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent - Verticle coloured lines

Please help somebody. After a regular shut down last night all I get today is verticle coloured lines on my monitor. I've tried putting a live cd in and although the lights on the cd drive flash nothing changes on the screen. Escape doesn't work because I can't see the bios. I don't know if this is the hard drive or the monitor. The only change I made was to follow the advice to edit grub and select the stable release to auto start before the 8.4.

Please please can someone advise because I am really scared that my computer is written off or something.

Many thanks,

Susan
    Kubuntu 7.10<br />Desperate for KDE4

Re: Urgent - Verticle coloured lines

OK the drama is over, I remembered that I had my old monitor so I tried it with that and it was fine, so I tried unplugging my new monitor from the mains then trying it again and it worked. Heaven knows what happened but my blood preasure briefly went through the roof.
    Kubuntu 7.10<br />Desperate for KDE4

Comment

Re: Urgent - Verticle coloured lines

I get that same thing now and then, while experimenting with various Live CDs. Usually, simply re-booting clears it up. If not, completely shut down the PC, un-plug it from the wall for several minutes, then start it back up and that should clear it all.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X