X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multisession KB3 - can't get it working

[On Gutsy]

I'm baffled by KB3 - it seems to promise but not deliver. I have some multisession data disk CDs - recorded by me, using KB3. I was slow and careful setting it up, and I didn't close the session.

Now, KB3 tells me it can't add to the disks because it can't retrieve multisession data. I'm trying to use the "continue multisession" option in KB3, and it is clearly accepting the disks as multisession disks. But it won't burn new additions to the disk.

This is a simple operation in Windows, so I expected it would be here. Instead I can't seem to get anywhere AND there no documentation worthy of the name.

Am I missing something? Got any suggestions or tips for me?

Here's the "debugging information" available in KB3, from my last failed attempt to add files to a multisession disk.

System
    -----------------------
    K3b Version: 1.0.3

KDE Version: 3.5.8
    QT Version: 3.3.7
    Kernel: 2.6.22-14-generic
    Devices
    -----------------------
    HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B 1.12 (/dev/scd0, ) [CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM] [DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW] [SAO, TAO, RAW, SAO/R96P, SAO/R96R, RAW/R16, RAW/R96P, RAW/R96R]

msinfo command:
    -----------------------
    /usr/bin/wodim dev=/dev/scd0 -msinfo

Re: multisession KB3 - can't get it working

I'm having the same issue. I'm doing research as we speak. I'll get back to this thread if I find a solution... Or not...

Running 8.04 though.

Comment

Working...
    X