This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Problem

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you can help me with this as well.

I'm having a problem logging into my kubuntu desktop, Everytime I type my password I get back to login area over and over again However, I have tried to login with different sessions and I always get the same problem. Even though I logged successfully into the console but I don't know how to deal with it in order to get the system work!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Re: Login Problem

Before you started having this problem, did you mess around with any of the configuration files in your /home directory? Some of them are essential to your logging in.

If you did, which ones did you modify/remove - if you didn't, what were you doing immediately before you started having this problem?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Thank you for your response,

I haven't tried anything because I don't know what to try actually and I just installed a software called aMSN and after I restarted the laptop I got this problem.

Any kind of help would be appreciated.
      Kind Regards

Comment

1) ctrl + alt +F1
        2) login on text console.
        3) check your filesystem ( expecially your $HOME dir) if it's all there

Comment

Also, try pressing Alt+F1 from the login screen to switch to a console login screen (as above); then, login using your username and password, and run the following commads to see if you can bypass KDM and manually start X.org:
          Code:
          sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop
          Code:
          startx
          Asus G1S-X3:
          Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
          X