This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu server

hi everyone! I have some questions about setting up servers on Kubuntu. Heres my story so far. My name is ism and im very new to linux and ubuntu/kubuntu. I got The Official Ubuntu Book and have read and disected most of it. I have set up many Windows networks and after blowing up our internet connection and changing router settings so much i got a router for my room. I decided to make my desktop a server running Kubuntu Dapper (felt more comfortable then the new one) and i will have a bunch of other computers put on the server. The server will have computers with Windows XP and Ubuntu os on it. Im aiming for a file and printer server but will probably get bored and make it more advanced later. Right now the desktop running the server doesnt have internet connection. I have already installed samba on it and messed with the network/server settings alot. BUT for some reason i can not get the server and all the other computers to see the server or even work with me. If anyone could help or if anyone knows of any text or manuals that would be very helpful. I really like linux so far and hope that soon i can contribute to the community. Thanks in advance

ism.

Re: Kubuntu server

Yep.

Beginning Ubuntu Linux by Keir Thomas is a good one.

Comment

Alright Thanks! Off to the book store i go

Comment

but if anyone else has anymore texts or manuals i'd be happy to know!

Thanks

ism.

Comment

Working...
        X