This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB keyboard issue

Hello everyone -- sorry again for the third post in a row, but as it's a new topic I thought it better to have its own thread.

I have a USB keyboard with the computer I've installed Kubuntu on, however I cannot use it in Grub to choose what to boot into, nor can I use it to log into Kubuntu; it only kicks in after I have logged in and the desktop is loaded. Fortunately our other computer just happened to have a PS/2 keyboard, so I was able to log in and get frustrated by all my other problems.

But is this normal? Can I not use my favorite keyboard with Kubuntu on my computer? Do I really have to go out and buy some cheap PS/2 keyboard to use every time I want to turn on my computer and log in? Or is there some way to fix this? Cause it ain't right, yo.

(And I tried using my USB keyboard with a PS/2 adapter; didn't work. )

Re: USB keyboard issue

i think i remember hearing or reading about some problems with usb keyboards with computers that don't support them in bios.
    i'd check my bios.
    <br />

Comment

Re: USB keyboard issue

go into your BIOS
      fool around with it....dont change anything you dont know
      when you come upon someting that says USB keyboard it should be disabled enable it...
      to get into your BIOS look for a key on your startup screen
      Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Comment

Working...
      X