This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Server

Umm..I know this may sound silly, but can anyone teach me how to setup a server? I want it safe from unauthorized access & I also want it fast & reliable..and powered by Kubuntu of course.

umm..from step one if possible..hehehe! :P

Re: Kubuntu Server

What kind of Server? A Print server? A Media Server? A File server? etc.etc.

What do you want to use the Server FOR?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
      What kind of Server? A Print server? A Media Server? A File server? etc.etc.

What do you want to use the Server FOR?
      For web applications, file server and/or VPN..

Comment

do you wanna be a linux system administrator in 5 mins? dont u think u are asking too many things?

all can i tell you is:
        tipycal webserver = apache/mysql/php ( install and learn)
        file Server = ssh server (openssh-server) and some ftp server ( proftpd or vsftpd)
        vpn ..... if u are asking how to install it i think u should first learn what is it ...

other things to learn: iptables ( firewall)

many more things can be added but if u wanna really learn in how those things works i gave you already at least 6 months woth study.

Comment

Originally posted by ghillan
          do you wanna be a linux system administrator in 5 mins? dont u think u are asking too many things?
          umm..not in 5mins of course..hehe! i want to learn all of them though. but i guess i'll focus more on web server first. i already know the basics of LAMP (i think..hehe!), i wanna learn something more advanced. umm..are there PDF manuals that i can download which teaches from basic to advanced setup of web servers..?

Comment

http://www.apache.org/ or search on google something more specific.

apache is not something u can just learn reading. it's something you learn use when you need some features, because is so big and full of features that u cant really just read of all of them.

Comment

Working...
            X