This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows disappearing

I tried to install compiz to get the desktop effects but, it didn't work. So, I uninstalled it. After that, whenever I have a window maximized, and I bring the mouse down to the bottom edge, to check the time or something like that, my window will disappear! Then if I have my mouse touch the top edge, the window will come back. It's quite annoying. Is there anyway to fix this without having to reinstall Kubuntu? BTW, I'm running Gutsy.

Tom

Edit: I just noticed that if I keep putting my pointer on the bottom edge, it is sent up near the top. If I do it again, the same thing will happen. Eventually if I do this, the window will come back.

Re: windows disappearing

Seems like you're switching to a different virtual desktop. Try setting the number of virtual desktops to 1 and back again. (right-click on the desktop > configure dosktop > Multiple desktops > number of desktops)
    Migration status:<br />[DONE]Get GeForce2 MX200 working with 96xx drivers, get automount external ntfs volumes, fix resume from suspend<br />[pending]:find good BSPlayer replacement<br />If you know how to fix any of the pending problems, PM!

Comment

Setting it back to one fixed it, but, when I tried to reset it back to three. The same problem arose. I guess I could just leave it at one desktop. I really don't have a need for another.

Tom

Comment

Ensure that kwin is the active windows manager. Press Alt+F2 and type:
        Code:
        kwin --replace
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

when I run that code, the desktops keep switching. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X