This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 6000 Install

I have kubuntu 7.10 running on my desktop, and i want to install it on my laptop(Dell Inspiron 6000)
    I am not sure if the wireless will work when i install it.
    I have an
    Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
    which comes up under my device manager in windows.
    I am not sure whether this will work if I install 7.10 on the laptop.
    If there is anything else i need to make sure will work under kubuntu please tell me.
    Also I plan to install it to the entire harddrive if that changes anything.
    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Re: Dell Inspiron 6000 Install

Just fire up the LiveCD on the laptop. If your wireless card is detected and you have Internet access from the LiveCD, you shouldn't have any issue with it when you install to the laptop.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ya i think it works
      i saw a wireless network but it never connected
      Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Comment

Fire up the LiveCD. When you are at the desktop click on K Menu | Internet | KNetworkManager This will put a small white USBish looking icon in the system tray. Right-click that icon and you should see the available wireless networks. Click on yours and you should be presented with a window where you type in your ESSID key and such.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X