This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I add Java?

I'm running Fiesty Fawn and wanted to add Java. When I type it into Adept it lists a million different files. What the exact name of the file I need to select and install? Thanks.

Re: How do I add Java?

Do you want the JDK or just the runtime environment? Also, do you want Sun's Java 6, or the open sourced IcedTea Java 7?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Basically, do you want to create Java apps, or just run them?
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

The java packages you are looking for are most likely the ones needed to access java content on the web. These are installed as part of the 'kubuntu-restricted-extras' package.

mike
        http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Where would I find these 'kubuntu-restricted-extras' packages. Would I add them manually into the third party repositories in Adept? Thanks.

Comment

If you have the Proprietary drivers for devices (restricted) and Software restricted by copyright or legal issues (multiverse) repositories selected in Adept Manager | Adept | Manage Repositories then just open Adept Manager and search for kubuntu-restricted-extras and mark it for installation and click on Apply Changes.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X