Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install Kubuntu 7.10 and other software w/o internet connection?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Kubuntu 7.10 and other software w/o internet connection?

I am planning on installing Kubuntu 7.10 in the near future.
    I do have one ?
    I know I can install Kubuntu without an internet connection, however, I would also Like to install other software that may not come with the CD I created from the download. In other words I would like to know if there is a way to use apt-get or the synaptic to install from a CD, DVD or another hard drive where I have other software.
    I do have access to the internet, but at the moment it is not on the machine I will be installing Kubuntu on, and I cannot switch it over. Also, will it be hard to install internet connection after I finally do get online?
    thank you

Re: Install Kubuntu 7.10 and other software w/o internet connection?

Take a look at the package 'apt-zip'. If you have a USB thumb drive it might just work for you.

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

you can use cdrom as a location there is also a dvd download of the distributions which include alot more stuff.

Comment

well I am a noob of course to scripting but asked a co-worker to review my script as I was kinda proud to have it working. I don't understand it but here is a script that does the same things but works much more efficiently

#!/bin/sh
        extension="${1##*.}"
        ORIGINAL_NAME=$1
        shift
        MOVED_NAME=$@.${extension}
        mv "${ORIGINAL_NAME}" "${MOVED_NAME}"

Comment

Working...
        X