X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From SuSe tu Kubuntu

Hi,

I am currently using SuSe 9.3, and mainly the PC is only a "surf&mail"-station only, using Kmail.

Now I want to go for Kubuntu. I also plan to have the partitions changed.

How do I save all my received/sent mails I have in Kmail?
    How can I restore them into Kubuntu (I assume this comes with Kmail as well...?)
    How do I save/restore the adress book?

Regards, Oliver

Re: From SuSe tu Kubuntu

First of all...if you don't have too much in your Home folder, you might wish to backup the whole thing to a CD/DVD/USB-storage if possible, that way you can restore most or all of your data and settings later if you wish

Originally posted by blaubaer
    How do I save all my received/sent mails I have in Kmail?
    There are a few ways to go about this, if you use Maildir format, you can copy your mail folder to a safe place and import it later to your new installation (Usually the mail folder is either ~/Mail or ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail...of course you can copy the whole ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail folder).

How do I save/restore the adress book?
    The folder of your addresbook is most likely ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc...or you can export your addressbook (in vCard or csv format, for example) from kaddressbook (File|Export)

How can I restore them into Kubuntu (I assume this comes with Kmail as well...?)
    You can import your backed-up files in your fresh installations of kaddressbook and kmail (which are the defaults in kubuntu)...File|Import

Comment

Working...
    X